Thursday, February 14, 2008

Interview with Kyle Armstrong

Today I sat down with Kyle Armstrong Gastonia, NC
Q.Kyle You do sim racing what leagues are you in
A.I am in PC Racers Monday night Cup Series, Tuesday I run Southern Outlaws Busch Series, Wednesday is off night so far, Thursday I race Late Models in Southern Outlaws, and Friday I pick and choose cause usually I'm at a real race.
Q.What real racing do you attend
A. Dirt Track races at Carolina Speedway on Friday sometimes, and Saturday nights I go to differnet places, just depends. Last Saturday I went to Bowman Gray Stadium in Winston-Salem, NC to watch a 100 lap Modified race, which had no passing.
Q. Whats the differance between real racing and online racing
A. Real Racing theres no lagging issues..but other than that its pretty real. haha
Q.Haha Denny said nr2003 helped him win at pocono in his rookie year does online racing really help
A. I can't say from experience but I know that tire wear and and fuel burnoff is pretty realistic and handling is also. So is the speeds and how fast you can enter a turn and so on...
Q. Could you make the transiston into real racing easyily?
A. Probably, I think I'm a pretty good highway driver. I think I could drive a race car and be pretty competitive
Q. Why you get into online racing
A. Its fun and something to do. They keep up all your stats its just like real racing. Some leagues you can even win money and prizes. The sim 500 league has a points fund of $15,000 you have to pay to enter it though
Q. How much
A. $20 per race I think I have never done it though
Q. could you make a career off of online racing
A.
don't think so. It has a bright future though. Some where down the line it will be like real racing I think. Everybody is gonna have a simulater and be paying for it and stuff
it will interesting to watch how it grows
Q. What do you think of the Ea Spots games
A. They suck
Q. will 2008 be better becasue of the new realism
A. I doubt it. You know how you can switch between cars? Well thats not realistic, I've never saw drivers swap cars at 180+ MPH.
Q. Haha good point will there be anothe computer racing game for nascar
A. for NASCAR...not in the near future. Maybe EA will make one, but its more than likely going to be a big flop much like their NASCAR Sim Racing game. ARCA Sim Racing looks very promissing and its coming out soon.
Q. Would you ever want to design a game
A.I don't think I could do all that. haha. I CAN design cars for this game halfway decent looking.
Q. haha last question what will you be doing in 10 years
A. I dont know, 10 Years is a long time... I'd like to be doing something with racing though, for sure
Q. Alright Kyle thanks for you time
A. Yeah man, any time. It was fun.

No comments: